Sunday 16 August 2009

Entry conditions




I've found two or three groups this month wandering around the garden without having let me know they are here and without realising they are expected to pay for admission. The SGS sign at the gate is a little deceptive in that it says "gardens open for charity": some visitors think they are the charity! I've put the small SGS sign up as well but this prioritises opening times and says "Admission £3" only in very small letters. Indeed, one visitor whose family had spent an hour here refused to pay on the basis that the sign was so small!








My husband has helped me by producing a large sign saying "ENTRY £3" which I now have in the 'Millenium Ruin' where I keep the Visitor's Book and Garden Guides and where visitors can sit and read or shelter from rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment